Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh So Beanie: #1

Kickoff of countdown to Christmas!
Today is officially the first day of December, which means we are starting my new segment! This segment is all about the holidays, mostly Christmas and other holidays. However, this segment will really be fun fashion wise, and it will include lots of crafts and baking. I know that this is a fashion blog, but this is an exception!

BeaniesAs you can see, I thought of the perfect idea. Beanies are a really great present and they are also fashionable. It's a great way to cover up for a bad hair day, or if you just want to add an accessory to your outfit. It's definitely something that you want under the tree. Also, I know that many people donate them to the newborn babies at the hospital.

Beanies come in many varieties and colors. I love beanies because sometimes, you'll find cute ones, such as cupcake inspired ones. As much as I love buying them, I also like to make my own.

Beanies are very inexpensive to make, and it's a great rainy day activity. It's simple and you'll be amazed at how it looks like.

What you will need:
1) A knitting loom of your choice and size
I bought mine at walmart for 15 dollars. It comes with 4 of them in different sizes.
2) Yarn, in the color of your choice
3) a hook(usually comes in a set with the looms)
4)patience!

I watched this video when I started knitting my first hat
Note, this is for a baby's hat. In my set, I used the second to Biggest loom to knit an regular adult sized one. This is a simple hat, but if you are a beginner, I suggest you try this first. Experiment with different colored yarn to make it fancier!

This is how mine turned out:

I hope you guys enjoyed this post:) Tell me if you try it out<3








2 comments:

  1. I just love the way this craft looks and I will definitely try this out.

    ReplyDelete

Fashion needs Feedback!